Fills up shelves and display areas in a store or supermarket.
- placing goods neatly in bins and on racks, and stacking bulky goods on floors
- filling shelves with goods ensuring goods with the earliest use-by dates are at the front of shelves
- noting what has been sold and collecting goods needed from the stockroom using a trolley
- maintaining shelf order by removing stock belonging to a different location
- may help customers find goods they need
- may price goods
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.985