841599-Livestock Farm Workers nec
Livestock Farm Workers nec
This occupation group covers Livestock Farm Workers not elsewhere classified.
Deer Farm Worker ,Emu Farm Worker (Aus) ,Goat Herder ,Ostrich Farm Worker ,Piggery Worker
- patrolling, inspecting and reporting on the condition of livestock
- providing livestock with feed and water
- assisting with maintaining the health and welfare of livestock
- mustering and droving livestock to milking and shearing sheds and between paddocks to ensure sufficient feed is available
- washing and cleaning udders, and attaching milking machines to udders and milking cows
- collecting eggs and placing in incubators
- herding sheep for shearing and keeping mobs separate during shearing
- spreading fleeces on skirting tables for classing, pressing wool and branding bales
- exercising horses by walking, riding, leading and swimming, and attending to horses at track work, barrier trials and races
- cleaning stables and hatcheries, storing bedding and performing minor repairs on fixtures, buildings and fences
- assembling, preparing and storing horse gear
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.973