841412-Horticultural Nursery Assistant
Nursery Hand (Horticulture)
Horticultural Nursery Assistant
Assists in propagating, cultivating and harvesting plants in a horticultural nursery.
- loading, unloading and moving garden supplies and equipment
- preparing garden sites and plots using hand tools and machines
- assisting with planting and transplanting flowers, shrubs, trees and lawns
- maintaining gardens by watering, weeding and mowing lawns
- cleaning gardens and removing rubbish
- assisting with propagating, planting and potting seeds, bulbs and cuttings
- tending plants by hand watering and weeding
- adjusting mist irrigation systems, shade and ventilation
- harvesting and packaging plants for sale and transport
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.965