841299-Crop Farm Workers nec
Crop Farm Workers nec
This occupation group covers Crop Farm Workers not elsewhere classified.
Coffee Plantation Worker (Aus) ,Flower Buncher or Picker ,Hop Farm Worker ,Lavender Farm Worker ,Sugar Cane Planter (Aus) ,Tea Plantation Worker (Aus)
Tea Tree Farm Worker ,Turf Farm Worker
- planting trees, seeds, seedlings, roots, bulbs, vines and other plants using hand tools and farm machines
- building trellises for climbing vegetables and vines
- operating farm machines to cultivate, fertilise, spray and harvest fruit, nuts, grains and vegetables
- spraying trees, vines and other plants with chemicals to control weed growth, insects, fungus growth and diseases
- thinning, weeding and hoeing row crops, and pruning trees and vines
- irrigating land for crop growth
- selecting and picking fruit, nuts, grains and vegetables according to size and ripeness, and discarding rotting and over-ripened produce
- grading, sorting, bunching and packing produce into containers
- loading filled fruit, nut, grain and vegetable containers onto trucks
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.960