841213-Grain, Oilseed or Pasture Farm Worker (Aus) / Field Crop Farm Worker (NZ)˜
Grain, Oilseed or Pasture Farm Worker (Aus) / Field Crop Farm Worker (NZ)˜
Performs routine tasks on a grain, oilseed protein, or pasture farm such as cultivating and fertilising soil, and planting and irrigating crops. May spray chemicals on crops to treat disease and pests.
- planting trees, seeds, seedlings, roots, bulbs, vines and other plants using hand tools and farm machines
- building trellises for climbing vegetables and vines
- operating farm machines to cultivate, fertilise, spray and harvest fruit, nuts, grains and vegetables
- spraying trees, vines and other plants with chemicals to control weed growth, insects, fungus growth and diseases
- thinning, weeding and hoeing row crops, and pruning trees and vines
- irrigating land for crop growth
- selecting and picking fruit, nuts, grains and vegetables according to size and ripeness, and discarding rotting and over-ripened produce
- grading, sorting, bunching and packing produce into containers
- loading filled fruit, nut, grain and vegetable containers onto trucks
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.956