839413-Wood and Wood Products Factory Worker
Wood and Wood Products Labourer
Wood and Wood Products Factory Worker
Performs routine tasks in a wood processing and timber product factory such as placing logs on equipment and conveyors, assisting with measuring and cutting of materials, and setting up and operating plant equipment.
Hardboard Factory Worker ,Joinery Factory Worker ,Particleboard Factory Worker ,Plywood Factory Worker
- rolling logs from trucks and conveyors to log decks, saw carriages and stacking bays
- placing logs and wood billets onto conveyors and lathes for processing into chips, veneers and pulp
- sorting and stacking timber during milling
- placing timber for processing by machines and unloading cut timber from tail end of machines
- assisting with setting up and operating plant and ancillary equipment used in the manufacture of sheets and boards
- transporting processed wood products, such as plywood, chipboard sheets and panels, to work areas
- clearing blockages in machines
- assisting with measuring and cutting materials
- packing and loading finished products for transportation
- cleaning work areas, tools and equipment
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.944