839412-Sawmill or Timber Yard Worker˜
Timber Mill Worker ,Wood Processing Worker
Sawmill or Timber Yard Worker˜
Performs routine tasks in a sawmill or timber yard such as sorting and stacking timber, assisting timber machinists, assembling orders and racking offcuts.
- rolling logs from trucks and conveyors to log decks, saw carriages and stacking bays
- placing logs and wood billets onto conveyors and lathes for processing into chips, veneers and pulp
- sorting and stacking timber during milling
- placing timber for processing by machines and unloading cut timber from tail end of machines
- assisting with setting up and operating plant and ancillary equipment used in the manufacture of sheets and boards
- transporting processed wood products, such as plywood, chipboard sheets and panels, to work areas
- clearing blockages in machines
- assisting with measuring and cutting materials
- packing and loading finished products for transportation
- cleaning work areas, tools and equipment
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.943