Weighs, wraps, seals and labels seafood products.
- obtaining supplies of products and assembling bags, package folders and cartons
- packing containers and bags with products, and counting, weighing and measuring amounts and adjusting quantities
- wrapping protective material around products, sealing bags and containers, and attaching pre-printed labels
- counting and placing bags and packages onto trays and racks, and into shipping cartons
- recording information such as numbers, weight, times and dates
- monitoring the filling of containers and adjusting machines to maintain volume and seal quality
- monitoring the supply and quality of containers and contents of holding tanks
- checking the cleanliness and operation of machines, equipment and containers
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.933