Assembles and installs rigging gear, such as cables, ropes, pulleys and winches, to lift, lower, move and position equipment, structural steel and other heavy objects. Registration or licensing may be required.
- erecting lifting tackles by attaching pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures, and installing cables and attaching counterweights
- attaching slinging gear to hoisting equipment and objects to be moved using clamps, hooks, bolts and knots
- fitting and bolting tubes, support braces and components to form bases and build up scaffolding
- lifting and positioning sections of scaffolding
- measuring, cutting, bending and fitting welded wire mesh into concrete areas to be mesh-reinforced
- fixing mesh and reinforcing steel into position in formwork for concrete pours
- setting up winches and rigging equipment to raise and position girders, plates, columns and other steel units
- erecting guard rails, guy wires, ropes and clears, laying planks and hanging safety nets
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.906