821411-Building Insulation Installer˜
Building Insulation Installer˜
Installs and applies insulating material, such as foam, granules, foil, solar film, batts and blankets, to walls, floors, windows and ceilings of buildings to insulate against heat, cold, air, sound and moisture. Registration or licensing may be required.
Window Tinter (Building)
- examining plans, specifications and work sites to determine the type and quality of installations required and their location
- preparing site for insulation and installation of fittings by nailing up furring, drilling holes for screws and bolts, and erecting scaffolding and ladders
- gluing blocks and slabs of foamed plastic and cork to walls
- operating equipment to blow and spray mineral wool, fibre fill and foam insulation material into cavities
- cutting insulation material to size and shape, and nailing and stapling batt-type insulation to joists, studs and furring
- measuring, cutting and applying solar control film to windows
- fitting awnings, security screens, shower screens, prefabricated windows and doors, exterior cladding and other home improvements using hand tools
- drilling holes in wood, brick, stone and fibrous structures, and bolting, screwing and nailing fittings into place
- attaching and adjusting mechanical fittings such as cranks, locks and pull-cords
- installing flashing and waterproofing to fittings such as shower screens and prefabricated windows and doors
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.902