811513-Ironer or Presser
Ironer or Presser
Irons or presses garments and other fabrics, such as delicate and formal wear, in a commercial laundry or private residence.
- sorting articles for cleaning according to the type, colour, fabric and cleaning treatment required
- placing sorted articles into receptacles and onto conveyor belts for moving to repair and cleaning areas
- checking and removing stains from garments, and replacing buttons and making minor repairs
- loading and unloading washing machines, driers and extractors
- adding cleaning agents and starches to articles
- smoothing articles and guiding them through cleaning and pressing machines
- stopping and starting machines to untangle, straighten and remove articles
- ironing and pressing clean articles
- placing articles on shelves and hanging articles for delivery and collection
- packaging articles and preparing orders for despatch
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.892