Cleans, vacuums and mops floors, makes beds, and restocks mini bars and bathroom supplies in hotel and motel rooms and other commercial premises.
- cleaning the interior of buildings and the immediate outside areas
- sweeping, mopping and polishing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, and cleaning curtains and upholstered furniture
- dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures and fittings
- picking up rubbish, emptying garbage containers, and taking contents to waste areas for removal
- restocking minibars and replenishing items such as drinking glasses, writing equipment, linen and groceries
- stripping and making beds, and changing bed linen
- maintaining kitchens, washing dishes and cooking utensils, and cleaning appliances, cupboards, counters, pantries and floors
- picking up, sorting, washing, drying, ironing and mending linen and clothes
- preparing and cooking meals, setting and clearing tables, and serving food and beverages
- taking care of household pets and plants, receiving visitors, answering telephones, delivering messages, and shopping for groceries
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.888