Washes and cleans exteriors and interiors of motor vehicles, and touches up paint work, glass and upholstery to prepare them for sale or rent.
- washing, drying, polishing and waxing vehicle exteriors
- vacuuming vehicle interiors, and drycleaning carpets and upholstery
- applying cleaning agents to remove stains from vehicle interiors
- washing tyres and wheel arches, and blackening tyres
- washing and polishing vehicle windows
- emptying and cleaning compartments in vehicles
- may make minor repairs and touch up finishes to remove scratches
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.885