733111-Truck Driver (General)˜
Truck Driver (General)˜
Drives a heavy truck, requiring a specially endorsed class of licence, to transport bulky goods. Registration or licensing is required.
Cement Mixer Driver ,Compactor Driver (Rubbish Collection) ,Haulpak Driver ,Kaitaraiwa Taraka (NZ),Livestock Haulier ,Logging Truck Driver ,Road Train Driver ,Tilt Tray Driver
- manoeuvring vehicles into position for loading and unloading
- loading and unloading vehicles using lifting and tipping devices
- observing safety requirements when loading and unloading vehicles
- making regular quality checks of vehicles to ensure they can be driven safely
- estimating weights to comply with load limitations and ensuring safe distribution of weight
- ensuring goods are stowed and securely covered to prevent loss and damage
- verifying loading documents, checking condition of goods and obtaining certification of deliveries
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.879