Drives a train to transport passengers and freight on railways. Registration or licensing is required.
Electric Train Driver ,Fireperson (Railway) ,Locomotive Observer ,Rail Car Driver ,Steam Train Driver
- stopping at stations and set locations to pick up and set down passengers and freight
- opening and closing doors before and after passengers board or alight
- observing signals, track conditions, nearby traffic and prescribed speeds to ensure safety
- monitoring indicator gauges, changing controls and power supply poles and reporting operating irregularities
- checking time and adherence to timetables
- may advise passengers on destinations
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.876