Drives a bus to transport passengers short distances on scheduled intra-city services over established routes. Registration or licensing is required.
Minibus Driver ,School Bus Driver
- stopping at set locations to pick up and set down passengers
- opening and closing doors before and after passengers board or alight
- controlling lighting, heating and ventilation on buses
- collecting fares and giving change and tickets, and monitoring electronic entry
- advising passengers on destinations
- maintaining conduct of passengers
- may use public address systems to provide information and tour commentaries for passengers
- may assist coach passengers with baggage and accommodation bookings
- may maintain, service and clean coaches
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.873