Forklift Operator ,Fork Truck Operator
Operates a forklift to move bulk materials, containers, crates, palletised goods, cartons and bales. Registration or licensing may be required.
Reach Truck Operator
- operating controls to align forklifts and raise and lower forks to stack and unstack items in warehouses, factories, timber yards and shipping terminals
- operating forklifts which run on rails or use electronic guidance systems to control movements in narrow aisles
- transporting goods to designated areas in warehouses, factories, timber yards and shipping terminals
- ensuring goods are stored in correct areas so that they can be easily located when orders are made up
- monitoring equipment operation visually through gauges and instruments and through computerised monitoring equipment
- inspecting and controlling equipment to identify wear and damage
- servicing and performing minor repairs and adjustments to forklifts
- may operate specialised trucks to carry items beneath elevated frames
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.862