711716-Yarn Carding and Spinning Machine Operator˜
Yarn Carding and Spinning Machine Operator˜
Operates machines to convert raw textile fibres into continuous untwisted and twisted strands of yarn for use in clothing, carpets, curtains and other fabrics.
Cotton Ginner ,Gill Box Operator ,Yarn Comber ,Yarn Texture Machine Operator
- preparing machines for operation by selecting and installing attachments and components for specialised functions
- setting and operating controls used to regulate processing operations
- starting machines and monitoring operation to detect faults and ensure effectiveness of operation
- loading drums with hides and skins, textiles, and dyeing and tanning solutions
- cutting and machining leather and synthetic shoe uppers, and making shoes using moulded and cement construction techniques
- threading loom shuttles with cross-yarn arms
- positioning and feeding machines with fibre packages
- repairing broken yarns by tying and splicing ends
- examining finished products for defects and variations, reporting faults in machines, and carrying out quality control procedures
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.831