711715-Weaving Machine Operator˜
Weaving Machine Operator˜
Operates looms to weave yarn into cloth, carpet and other fabrics.
Beamer ,Carpet Weaver ,Warper
- preparing machines for operation by selecting and installing attachments and components for specialised functions
- setting and operating controls used to regulate processing operations
- starting machines and monitoring operation to detect faults and ensure effectiveness of operation
- loading drums with hides and skins, textiles, and dyeing and tanning solutions
- cutting and machining leather and synthetic shoe uppers, and making shoes using moulded and cement construction techniques
- threading loom shuttles with cross-yarn arms
- positioning and feeding machines with fibre packages
- repairing broken yarns by tying and splicing ends
- examining finished products for defects and variations, reporting faults in machines, and carrying out quality control procedures
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.830