711516-Rubber Production Machine Operator˜
Rubber Production Machine Operator˜
Operates machines to manufacture rubber products such as tyres.
Rubber Belt Splicer ,Rubber Compounder ,Rubber Extrusion Machine Operator ,Rubber Knitting and Reinforcing Machine Operator ,Rubber Moulding Machine Operator ,Rubber Roller Grinder Operator ,Tyre Builder ,Tyre Retreader
- operating controls to regulate temperature, pressure, speed and flow of operation
- measuring and loading materials, items and ingredients for mixing into machines and feeding mechanisms
- monitoring operation, regulating material supply and adding chemicals and colorants to mixture
- threading uncoated wire and cable through plastic coating machines, around take-up reels and through dies and cooling chambers
- laying casings, beads, ply and rubber sheets on moulds
- operating rollers to remove air
- operating vulcaniser presses and controlling curing
- examining output for defects and conformity to specifications
- performing minor repairs and maintaining production records
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.823