711312-Wood Processing Machine Operator
Wood Processing Machine Operator
Operates sawing, rolling, pressing and other machines to manufacture logs, timber poles and pieces, plywood, particle board, solid laminate and similar products.
Band Saw Operator ,Beam Saw Operator ,Cant Gang Sawyer ,Debarker Operator ,Docking Saw Operator ,Log Preparer ,Plywood and Veneer Repairer ,Resawyer ,Ripsaw Operator ,Sawmill Moulder Operator ,Veneer Production Machine Operator
- setting up printing plates, ink circulation systems, knives, creases, cutting dies, and folding and gluing machines
- loading machines with paper and fibreboard
- operating machines to form cardboard containers, paper plates, egg cartons, tissue paper and other paper products
- adjusting and cleaning machines and performing minor repairs
- securing timber into place and setting saws to produce specified sizes of plank and board to be cut
- starting machines and feeding stock onto cutting saw, and operating automatic feed mechanisms
- raising and lowering saws to trim boards and remove defects such as rot and splits
- controlling lathes and slicing machines to produce veneers, and laminating veneer using glue
- verifying dimensions of cut stock and accuracy of cuts
- checking saws and other machines for safety, sharpness and correct functioning
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.816