Operates spray painting equipment to paint and apply other industrial coatings to manufactured items.
Powder Coater ,Rust Proofer,
- grinding, sanding and cleaning surfaces of items to be painted
- loading paint, oil, lacquer, varnish and rustproofing agents into spray equipment
- connecting hoses to spray equipment and adjusting spray nozzles to required pressure
- securing items to be sprayed within spray booths or placing them onto conveyors
- directing spray guns to apply even coatings
- moving items to drying areas and stacking them for further painting and packaging
- starting and monitoring extractor and drying fans, and heaters
- cleaning nozzles, containers and hoses of equipment
- may operate paint dipping baths
- may mix coating solutions and regulate their temperature
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.814