Wears and displays clothing and accessories, and poses for photographs, paintings, sculptures and other types of art.
- modelling garments, footwear and fashion accessories for customers, sales personnel and fashion designers
- posing for television, video and cinema commercials and for still photographs which appear in magazines, newspapers, catalogues and on billboards
- posing as subjects for paintings, sculptures and other types of art
- setting up displays and demonstrating goods to commercial customers and guests in private homes
- answering questions and offering advice on the use of goods
- selling goods or directing purchasers to sales counters
- undertaking merchandising of goods in retail outlets and ensuring there is adequate stock attractively presented for sale
- taking orders and making arrangements for payment, delivery and collection
- offering sample goods and distributing catalogues and other literature advertising goods for sale
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.800