Sells goods or services from door-to-door.
Door-to-door Fundraising Collector ,Party Plan Salesperson
- collecting goods and transporting them along established routes, to door-to-door areas, and to street and market locations
- displaying and demonstrating goods, and explaining the qualities of goods to customers
- informing customers of new goods and services
- receiving payments from customers and giving change
- recording transactions on customer receipts and sales records
- wrapping and packaging goods sold
- developing lists of prospective customers and calling on them to obtain new business
- ordering and purchasing goods for sale, and monitoring and maintaining stock levels
- may attract attention by playing music, singing and calling out goods and services for sale
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.793