Checkout Supervisor ,Sales Department Supervisor
Supervises and coordinates the activities of retail sales workers.
- ensuring that customers receive prompt service and quality goods and services
- responding to customers' inquiries and complaints about goods and services
- planning and preparing work schedules and assigning staff to specific duties
- interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, dismissing and promoting staff, and resolving staff grievances
- instructing staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales procedures
- examining returned goods and deciding on appropriate action
- taking inventory of goods for sale and ordering new stock
- ensuring that goods and services are correctly priced and displayed
- ensuring safety and security procedures are enforced
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.790