621411-Pharmacy Sales Assistant
Pharmacy Sales Assistant
Sells pharmaceutical goods, toiletries and related goods in a retail pharmacy.
- accepting prescriptions for filling by Retail Pharmacists
- determining customer requirements and advising customers on the selection, price and usage of non-prescription medicines
- advising customers on the correct application and storage of medicines
- selling goods such as non-prescription drugs, first aid supplies, toiletries and cosmetics
- accepting payment for goods and services by a variety of payment methods and preparing sales invoices
- promoting goods and services that are for sale
- assisting with the ongoing management of stock such as product inventories and participating in stocktakes
- stacking and displaying goods for sale, and wrapping and packing goods sold
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.789