621311-Motor Vehicle or Caravan Salesperson˜
Motor Vehicle Salesperson
Motor Vehicle or Caravan Salesperson˜
Sells new and used motor cars, motor cycles, trucks, boats, caravans and earthmoving equipment in a retail or wholesale establishment.
- determining customer requirements and advising on product range, price, delivery, warranties and product use and care
- showing vehicles to customers and test driving vehicles with customers
- selling motor vehicles and vehicle products such as parts, tyres, lubricating oils, batteries, car stereos and alarms
- taking sales orders and preparing contracts of sale
- receiving orders for parts
- determining part sizes and details such as vehicle make, model, manufacturer and year
- searching lists of parts to identify part numbers, price and availability
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.787