Library Attendant ,Library Clerk
Issues, receives and shelves library items and maintains associated records.
- issuing library items to borrowers and recording identification data and due dates
- sorting and shelving returned items
- locating and retrieving items on request
- maintaining records and index systems
- receiving overdue items, issuing overdue notices, and receiving fines
- inspecting returned items for damage and making minor repairs
- assisting with the preparation of displays and promotional activities
- may prepare catalogued items for shelving
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.766