599514-Noxious Weeds and Pest Inspector˜
Biosecurity Officer (Weeds and Pests)
Noxious Weeds and Pest Inspector˜
Inspects and monitors plants, land and water for noxious plants and animal species, and organises for their control or eradication.
- searching aircraft, vehicles, premises and people, and checking documents and goods to detect illegal activities such as undocumented cargo, prohibited goods and illegal aliens
- examining and assessing visas and residency applications
- testing applicants' ability to operate a motor vehicle, assessing applicants' suitability to hold learner's permits and probationary licences, and issuing learner's permits and probationary licences
- identifying pest and weed problems and determining treatments and management
- assessing claims for government benefits
- carrying out random checks of taxation documents to detect non-compliance with taxation legislation
- conducting visual checks of the mechanical, structural, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems of railway wagons, carriages and locomotives for condition and correct classification
- ensuring that train, tram and bus services are provided according to schedule, monitoring the cleanliness, presentation and condition of vehicles, and recommending improvements and changes to services
- receiving and assessing applications for licences to use water, investigating the ability of water resources to meet new requirements, and conducting site inspections
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
- Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Agricultural Inspectors
- First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
- Transportation Inspectors
- Aviation Inspectors
- Transportation Vehicle, Equipment and Systems Inspectors, Except Aviation
- Freight and Cargo Inspectors
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.756