599212-Court Bailiff or Sheriff (Aus) / Court Collections Officer (NZ)˜
Court Bailiff or Sheriff (Aus) / Court Collections Officer (NZ)˜
Implements court orders and serves legal orders and summonses as an officer of the court.
Sheriff's Officer (Aus)
- listing actions for hearing and processing documentation for court actions
- documenting details of court proceedings, actions and decisions
- enforcing the law as an officer of the court by executing court orders such as eviction notices
- serving legal orders and documents such as summonses and subpoenas
- organising jury and witness lists, and summonsing and swearing in juries and witnesses
- maintaining order in court and hearing rooms and adjacent areas
- assisting Solicitors in areas of conveyancing, contracts, common law, probate and other legal practice matters
- satisfying statutory requirements, establishing beneficial entitlements and distributing assets
- maintaining probate and trust files, investing trust funds and administering accounts
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.747