Arranges the clearance and collection of imported cargo from customs and bond stores, and the shipment of cargo for export.
Bond Clerk ,Customs Agent ,Wharf Tally Clerk
- identifying items and containers of incoming and outgoing shipments and verifying them against consignment records
- ensuring outgoing shipments are in good condition and meet specifications
- arranging internal distribution of goods received
- organising the despatch of goods with completed documentation
- maintaining prescribed records of goods received and despatched
- examining shipping documents and verifying cargo to be released
- recording customs clearance requirements and authorising collection of cargo
- calculating storage and clearance charges and billing customers
- receiving details of outgoing cargo, and arranging bookings of freight space and collection of goods from customers
- providing information to customers on custom tariffs, tariff classifications and concessions, and methods of clearing goods
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.743