Customer Orders Clerk
Receives purchase requests for good and services, checks requests against inventory records and stock, and processes orders.
Mail Order Clerk
- requisitioning supplies from stock and sending orders to production departments and other firms
- confirming completion of orders and compliance with details specified, signing tally sheets and attaching to checked items
- receiving and checking purchase requests against inventory records and stock on hand
- examining orders and compiling data for production schedules
- checking inventories and preparing delivery schedules
- examining containers to ensure that they are filled, and recording quantities
- investigating and identifying supply sources and preparing and processing purchase orders
- providing price and other information about goods to prospective customers
- counting incoming stock and reconciling it with requisitions, and updating inventory and stock location records
- establishing and coordinating the operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing and shipping goods
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.736