552211-Credit or Loans Officer
Credit Clerk ,Finance Clerk ,Lending Consultant ,Loans Consultant ,Loans Officer
Credit or Loans Officer
Analyses, evaluates and processes credit and loan applications. May work in a call centre.
- analysing information about customers and examining references, credit ratings, investment risks, pay slips and other information against predetermined policy standards
- contacting financial and credit institutions to obtain information about customers
- preparing papers setting out conditions of credit and loans, rates of repayment and loan periods, and providing information about customers' standing to financial and credit institutions
- authorising the approval of credit and loan applications and recommending credit and loan conditions and limits
- keeping records of payments, and preparing routine letters requesting payment for overdue accounts and forwarding these for legal action
- answering inquiries concerning credit standing of customers, loan balances and penalties
- may recommend, approve and arrange mortgages
- may work in a call centre
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.716