Calculates and investigates the cost of wages, materials, overheads and other operating expenses.
- preparing and processing documentation related to accounts payable and receivable
- reconciling invoices and despatching payments
- calculating, analysing and investigating the costs of proposed expenditure, wages and standard costs
- preparing bank reconciliations
- allocating expenditure to specified budget accounts
- summarising expenditure and receipts
- preparing records of standard costs and values for items such as raw materials and packaging supplies
- recording cost variations and contract price movements
- compiling cost data for preparation of operating budgets, and profit and loss calculations
- investigating the costs of proposed expenditures, quotations and estimates
- preparing reports of total costs, inventory adjustments, selling prices and profits
- may work in a call centre
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.712