Hospital Ward Clerk
Records and processes information required for the admission and discharge of hospital patients and responds to telephone inquiries.
- greeting and welcoming visitors, and directing them to the appropriate person
- arranging and recording details of appointments
- answering inquiries and providing information on the goods, services and activities of the organisation
- answering, connecting and transferring telephone calls
- receiving and resolving complaints from clients and the public
- receiving and distributing correspondence, facsimile messages and deliveries
- maintaining the reception area
- advising on and arranging reservations and accommodation
- may perform other clerical tasks such as word processing, data entry, filing, mail despatch and photocopying
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.708