Performs a range of clerical and administrative tasks.
- recording, preparing, sorting, classifying and filing information
- sorting, opening and sending mail
- photocopying and faxing documents
- preparing reports of a routine nature
- recording issue of equipment to staff
- receiving letters and telephone messages
- transcribing information onto computers, and proofreading and correcting copy
- may provide customers with information about services
- may perform receptionist duties
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.700