Organises and controls the functions and resources of an office such as administrative systems and office personnel.
- contributing to the planning and review of office services, and setting priorities and office service standards
- allocating human resources, space and equipment
- assigning work to and monitoring work performance of staff
- managing records and accounts of the office
- liaising with Professionals to coordinate office business and to facilitate resolution of problems
- managing physical facilities and ensuring buildings and equipment are maintained
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- ensuring work complies with relevant government legislation, policies and procedures
- coordinating personnel activities such as hiring, promotions, performance management, payroll, training and supervision
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.694