This occupation groups covers Sportspersons not elsewhere classified. This occupation group requires high levels of physical fitness, sporting ability and personal commitment as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
Athlete ,Cricketer ,Cyclist ,Racing Driver ,Surfer ,Tennis Player
- maintaining a high degree of expertise in a particular sport
- attending regular practice sessions and undertaking private training to maintain the required standard of fitness
- deciding on strategies in consultation with coaches
- assessing other competitors and conditions at venues
- competing in sporting events
- adhering to the rules and regulations associated with a specific sport
- promoting water safety awareness and undertaking rescue of persons in difficulty in the water
- undertaking sports promotional activities and television appearances
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Some occupations may require high levels of physical fitness, sporting ability and personal commitment as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.691