452215-Outdoor Adventure Instructor˜
Outdoor Adventure Leader
Outdoor Adventure Instructor˜
Provides adventure-based experiential education in outdoor adventure and bushcraft.
Abseiling Instructor ,Adventure Challenge Instructor ,Hang-gliding Instructor ,Outdoor Education Teacher ,Outdoor Pursuits Instructor ,Paragliding Instructor ,Rock Climbing Instructor
- meeting members of a tour on arrival and making introductions
- organising and supervising groups involved in outdoor adventures such as bungy jumping, fishing and hunting, mountaineering, trekking and whitewater rafting
- setting up and maintaining equipment, and ensuring that equipment is safe and in working condition
- demonstrating and providing instruction in the use of equipment and techniques required for participation
- providing advice on safety measures, and ensuring that activities are conducted in a manner to minimise risk to participants
- responding to emergencies by providing first aid assistance and taking appropriate further action if required
- answering questions and advising on local interest points within a specific region
- may maintain written reports of daily activities and carry out other administrative work
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.672