451411-Gallery or Museum Guide˜
Gallery or Museum Attendant
Gallery or Museum Guide˜
Answers inquires and directs and guides visitors in a gallery or museum.
- meeting and greeting visitors
- controlling visitors' access to exhibits
- ensuring safety of collections
- maintaining attendance records
- planning and rearranging schedules and itineraries
- planning, organising and conducting tours
- arranging transportation and accommodation for visitors following planned itineraries
- arranging entry to places of interest
- answering questions, providing commentaries, issuing brochures and tour literature, showing audiovisual presentations, and explaining features and procedures at tour sites
- may assist with installing and dismantling exhibits
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.654