Provides skin analyses, facial therapies, skin-care treatments and body treatments such as massage to clients.
Electrologist (Hair Remover) ,Manicurist ,Nail Technician
- discussing client needs, analysing skin characteristics and advising on suitable skin care, treatments and application of make-up
- applying general cosmetic and corrective make-up
- performing manicures and pedicures including decorative nail art, application of artificial nails, nail repair, and other specialised hand and foot treatments
- performing facial and body treatments such as massages
- treating unwanted hair through waxing, bleaching, tinting, depilation and electrolysis
- evaluating beauty therapy processes and products
- receiving bookings, arranging appointments and maintaining client records
- providing advice on and selling cosmetic products
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.650