Maintains public order, and enforces laws by investigating crimes, patrolling public areas and arresting suspected offenders.
Bomb Squad Officer ,Mounted Police Officer ,Search and Rescue Officer ,Tactical Response Group Officer
- investigating and prosecuting offences committed in areas such as organised, corporate and computer crime, environmental offences, drug trafficking, fraud, counterfeiting and terrorism
- securing and examining scenes of crimes and accidents to locate and obtain evidence for analysis
- protecting witnesses and investigating official corruption
- maintaining public order and safety
- patrolling assigned areas to minimise potential for public disturbance and crime
- investigating accidents, crimes, minor offences and citizens' complaints, gathering evidence, and pursuing, arresting and interviewing suspected offenders
- testing persons suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs and issuing infringement notices for traffic offences
- directing and re-routing traffic at congested areas
- attending community meetings and answering inquiries from the public where necessary
- providing advice and assistance to victims of crime and their families
- maintaining records and preparing reports
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.640