441211-Emergency Service Worker˜
Emergency Response Officer
Emergency Service Worker˜
Attends the scene of emergencies to minimise risk to community safety and security.
- attending the scene of fires and other emergencies reported to authorities
- rescuing and evacuating people stranded or trapped in dangerous situations
- operating pumps, spraying water, foam and chemicals from hoses, portable extinguishers and other appliances to extinguish fires and to disperse or neutralise dangerous substances
- cutting openings in buildings and crashed vehicles to free occupants
- maintaining site security systems
- administering first aid
- attending and participating in training activities, rescue classes, drills, demonstrations and courses in emergency and fire-fighting techniques
- training recruits in emergency procedures and practices
- visiting buildings and potential fire hazards to study access points and locations of hydrants
- maintaining tools and equipment
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- First-Line Supervisors of Protective Service Workers, All Other
- Fish and Game Wardens
- Parking Enforcement Workers
- Animal Control Workers
- Crossing Guards
- Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
- Protective Service Workers, All Other
- Retail Loss Prevention Specialists
- Police, Fire, and Ambulance Dispatchers
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.637