Cafe Assistant ,Cafe Attendant
Sells and serves food and beverages for consumption on premises in a cafe or similar establishment.
- preparing and serving food and beverages for consumption on the premises
- taking customers' food and beverage orders
- operating cash registers, accepting payments and preparing sales invoices
- clearing away used dishes and cutlery from tables when customers are finished
- cleaning and preparing tables for use
- washing dishes, cutlery and cooking utensils
- cleaning cafe equipment such as coffee grinders, espresso machines and ice makers
- participating in stocktakes and assisting in putting away new stock
- providing backup to other cafe employees
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.629