423411-Child or Youth Residential Care Assistant˜
Residential Care Worker
Child or Youth Residential Care Assistant˜
Provides care and supervision for children in correctional services institutions. Registration or licensing may be required.
- planning and implementing programs of supervision and care for children in residential care
- supervising and arranging activities to enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children in residential care
- waking children and ensuring they are washed, dressed, fed and ready for educational and recreational activities
- supervising children during domestic activities such as eating meals and showering
- maintaining discipline, enforcing regulations and behaviour standards, compiling disciplinary reports and assisting in implementing remedial measures
- organising refuge accommodation
- providing emotional support to residents of refuges
- referring residents of refuges for health and welfare assistance
- ensuring security of refuge
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.624