423312-Nursing Support Worker˜
Assistant in Nursing ,Nurses' Aide (NZ)
Nursing Support Worker˜
Provides limited patient care under the direction of nursing staff.
- assisting patients with their personal care needs such as showering, dressing and eating
- assisting patients with their mobility and communication needs
- participating in planning the care of individuals
- following therapy plans such as interventions to assist those with dementia and behavioural problems
- observing and reporting changes in patients' condition, and reporting complaints about care
- assisting with rehabilitation exercises, basic treatment and delivering medications
- providing direct support and assistance to therapists
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.621