Dental Chairside Assistant ,Dental Nurse
Prepares patients for dental examination and assists Dental Practitioners, Hygienists and Therapists in providing care and treatment.
- receiving and preparing patients
- arranging and handing instruments, medication, and other dental requisites to Dental Practitioners
- preparing dental materials and processing X-rays
- using suction devices and water sprays
- performing routine maintenance on equipment
- sterilising and preventing cross infection of equipment
- may advise patients on dental health education and post-operative care and procedures
- may act as receptionist for Dental Practitioners
- may perform billing and other clerical tasks
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.619