421112-Family Day Care Worker˜
Family Day Carer
Family Day Care Worker˜
Provides care and supervision for babies and children, usually in the carer's own home and under local government or community-based schemes. Registration or licensing may be required.
- assisting in the preparation of materials and equipment for children's education and recreational activities
- managing children's behaviour and guiding children's social development
- preparing and conducting activities for children
- entertaining children by reading and playing games
- supervising children in recreational activities
- supervising the daily routine of children
- supervising the hygiene of children
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.609