411512-Kaiawhina (Hauora) (Maori Health Assistant)
Kaiawhina (Hauora) (Maori Health Assistant)
Assists with health care delivery to patients and clients in accordance with Tikanga Maori (Maori culture and custom).
- maintaining health records and statistics
- acting as an advocate in the community they serve, and as a communicator and interpreter on behalf of clients and other health workers
- providing clinical functions, such as case management and follow-up, independently or in consultation with other health care providers
- providing health education to individual clients and staff in health facilities
- providing cultural education to persons outside the cultural community and life skills education to the community they serve
- providing counselling and referring clients to other health care providers where necessary
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.600