411112-Intensive Care Ambulance Paramedic (Aus) / Ambulance Paramedic (NZ)
Intensive Care Ambulance Paramedic (Aus) / Ambulance Paramedic (NZ)
Provides intensive pre-hospital health care to injured, sick, infirm and aged persons and emergency transport to medical facilities. Registration or licensing is required.
- attending accidents, emergencies and requests for medical assistance
- assessing health of patients, determining need for assistance, and assessing specialised needs and factors affecting patients' conditions
- performing therapies and administering drugs according to protocol
- resuscitating and defibrillating patients and operating life-support equipment
- transporting accident victims to medical facilities
- transporting sick and disabled persons to and from medical facilities for specialised treatment and rehabilitation
- instructing community groups and essential service workers in first aid
- attending public gatherings and sporting events where accidents and other health emergencies may occur
- ensuring that ambulances are adequately maintained and stocked with medical supplies, and that equipment is in good working order
- preparing written reports on the state of patients' injuries and treatment provided
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.591